8.06.2008

I'm back!!

I know, I know, it has been almost a month! I actually thought about waiting until Friday to post so that it would be a full month. As it is, this will be rather short because I see that there is a scheduled outage in less than 20 minutes! Aaggghh!!

All I can say is, WHERE HAS THE SUMMER GONE?????? Granted, school starts late this year for me (Sept. 2), but I have already started inservice days and prepping. Of course, they are waaaayy behind in the asbestos removal so who knows when I'll even be able to get into my room. It's going to be chaos! I'm sure I'll post pictures when the time comes!

Anyway, the main thing I wanted to write tonight is to ask all of you a question: do you have (or have you had) an article of clothing that it seems like no matter when you wear it, something ALWAYS gets on it? Well, I have. In the past, it had been a pair of dress pants that I would wear to school and crazy things would happen to them every time I wore them. I remember one time I dropped my Turkey Hill Iced Tea bottle on the stairs as I was returning to my room and of course it exploded all over the pants!

The latest article of clothing is my white tank top. Now, I didn't pay much for this top, and I didn't expect it to last all that long, but really, do I have to spill something on it EVERY time I wear it???? I can't remember what got on it first, but the last time I wore it, I spilled a Burger King Iced Mocha coffee on it (they hadn't put the lid on tight). Now tonight I went to Weis to buy pine nuts (which they did not have and had never heard of so I'm substituting walnuts for my pesto because I did not feel like going to Costco just for a big bag of pine nuts that I won't use again until it's cold and I spend the day making spaghetti sauce! - How's that for a run-on sentence?) and pan spray, you know, Pam? Well, as I was roaming the aisles looking for the pine nuts, I must have braced the can of spray against my stomach. Of course, it left a nice circular grease ring on my white tank top!!!

Well, I'm going to go make said pesto now. I thought I had plenty of basil leaves, until I read that I had to have 2 cups "packed." Yeah, I had half of a cup. So, I went to Courtney's and raided her basil. :)

Oh, and when this "outage" is over, I will probably break my self-imposed "no personal photos" rule and show you pictures from my brother's wedding. They were just too good not to share! :)

Finally, if you were given my shutterfly page and password, check it out - LOTS of new pics to see over there! (That info I AM keeping private!)

Until next time!

2 comments:

krista said...

I'm feeling your pain chica!

Just wait until you have a belly that bumps into every wet countertop, and functions as a nice big shelf to spill food and drink on! Grace was never my middle name but for crying out loud!!! :-P

Courtney said...

Could the spill problem be that white shirts are a spill magnet? Trey will help you stain it more if you like? Or did he stain enough last summer?