8.26.2008

hard at work at school...

...so this will have to be a short one! I am slowly making headway in my room!

Anyway, I realized that I hadn't posted the last 10 books I read, so I'm just going to do that. Oh, and I want to send out a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PETE!!!!!!!!! (a day early!) :)

16. Anglophile - Laurie Gwen Shapiro: chick lit, a decent one

17. The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan: AAGH! I'm ready for book 5 and it doesn't come out until May 2009!

18. My Best Friend's Girl - Dorothy Koomson: set in London/Leeds, but doesn't seem very British; not chick lit; great novel if you want to shed some tears!

19. Bundle of Joy - Ariella Papa: chick lit; not much else to say...

20. Live from New York, It's Lena Sharpe - Courtney Litz: chick lit, pretty predictable

21. Love Walked In - Marisa de los Santos: ok, so I feel like I have read this book before, but yet, I did not remember any of the plot points! I can't believe I can't remember! Whether it was the first or second time, I enjoyed this novel.

22. Loose Screws - Karen Templeton: chick lit., not a bad one

23. Summer Island - Kristin Hannah: a tearjerker
24. It's All in Who You Know - Theresa Alan: chick lit; not great
25. Hollywood Ending - Robyn Sisman: chick lit; pretty decent until the last 2 chapters!

I AM HALFWAY TO 50!!! (I wonder how long it will take to read the next 25 now that school is back in session!!!!)

2 comments:

krista said...

I will pass along those b-day wishes! :o) Someone is bemoaning the fact that he is now closer to 40 than 30. :o(

Woman! Where do you get all of this time to read?!?!? Do you own a TV? (Though there's really nothing on now that the Olympics are over.)

My only time to read these days is when I lock myself in the bathroom--and that's because I'm never alone otherwise! :o\

(I left a reply comment on my Asian Wings post.)

Anonymous said...

While I applaude the reading effort, I feel like chick lit should only count as perhaps 1/3 of a book.