7.08.2008

random bits

So, my friend, Krista, asked if I had taken the new header photo. I realized that I had neglected to discuss this one and the previous one.

The first one I had either myself or my husband took of Sea Bright, NJ, beach - looking north towards NYC. On clear winter days, you can actually see the skyline in the distance.

The one that I have now I took of a lily that (if I remember correctly) is from a bulb that I got at a friend's wedding. The sad thing is that I specifically took that picture to turn into a header photo! :)

Of course, with both pictures (and any future ones I put up there), I played around with the exposure/coloring quite a bit. I think they are fun - and play into the "shades of grey" theme I have going on.

Speaking of "shades of grey" - I would like your thoughts on what that means to you! Maybe sometime I'll let you know why I picked that title! :)

On to another random bit: I just got my grade for that class I just finished. 99.8%! :) And the professor even gave me a compliment! (Yet, I still wonder if she just took off a random .2% simply so I wouldn't receive a perfect score) If anyone is interested in reading anything about Stephen Krashen and/or the Critical Period Hypothesis, just let me know! :)

Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you always were the over-achiever.

Karla said...

watch out "pot"...are you calling this kettle black? :) :) :) see you next week!!!!