8.15.2008

i do love my husband...

...but I am thankful for a weekend to myself! I feel a tad guilty that I paid homage to Courtney before my own husband, but let's face it: I've known Courtney longer and have funnier pictures! :) Seriously, I will someday talk about him, but today is not the day, EXCEPT to say that he just left for NJ to go fishing (you know, on one of those big boats way out into the ocean) and thank goodness he let me stay home!

This is the ONLY weekend since school has been out that I had NO plans for any part of the weekend! Well, originally I was going to be in VA, (could you imagine? Not 1 weekend home???) but those plans got canceled. Now, we don't have anything in place for Labor Day weekend, but we could always go to my parents' (Johnstown Folk Festival). I wanted to keep that weekend open, especially since I STILL have no idea when I can get into my classroom! I have been getting some extra hours doing curriculum work for the district (read: extra money!!) this month, but other than that, all thinking about the upcoming school year has been done in the abstract. Thinking about the chaos that will await me in my actual classroom............ no, I refuse to think about it.

So, now I have a whole weekend to myself!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!! Of course, there are some final small details to work on in the kitchen, and I am stuck with the 1995 work van for a vehicle, but for the most part, I am free! Read books, play RockBand, watch Olympics till 1am (man, can't wait for a year when it is in a closer time zone!), eat when and what I want....Oh, don't worry, Courtney, I'll stop by and check on the tomatoes! (although we did a much smaller garden this year, I'm ashamed to say that I've thought about it even less!)

Now that I have shared my jubilation, I'm off to relax! :)

Until next time...

1 comment:

krista said...

Whoo Hoo! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Speaking of tomatoes, check your email. I'm sending you the method we used, though it will remain to be seen whether we did it right!

We've been crazy busy this summer too--maybe September or October we can host you guys for dinner again. Sound good?