It must be a miracle! Speaking of miracles, I just had to share the small one I had tonight.
Since Mike is gone, I decided to spend the evening doing a little shopping. So, of course, I hit up Costco, my favorite store! (I know, it's a sad life I lead) Before I continue, a little backstory: all summer my school i.d. has been in my purse. I had no need for it to be with me at all times, but for some reason I kept it there. Then, last week, I actually wore it when I was in the curriculum offices. This past Tues. when I went to put it on again to work in the office, I couldn't find it. Now, I don't especially like the picture on my i.d (who does?), but I didn't really want to find out what I would have to go through (or pay) to replace it. See, it's not just an i.d., but also a magnetic key card. Granted, the key card is useless as my building is not equipped with those types of locks (yet), but at the same time, it will be activated in the future and I'm sure that I would have had to pay something to replace it.
Now, back to my "miracle.: I spent a decent amount of time at Costco, wandering the aisles, seeing if anything struck my fancy (we just got our rebate check in the mail, and hey, it's free money so why not spend it on something fun? I didn't, but it would've been nice) and then finally I decided to just pay for my spaghetti sauce and cheese and head home. I'm walking out of the store and try to get out of the way of the kid pushing in all of the carts. He's looking at me like he knows me, which I'm starting to find just a tad strange, when he asks me, "Is your name Karla?" I said it was, and he replies "I found your i.d. in a cart last week - it's in my car!" Woo-hoo!!! He was going to turn it into the desk, but kept forgetting and then he saw me and whaddaya know, I have my i.d. back! Talk about perfect timing!
Speaking of lost i.d.'s, last week when I was leaving the district office with a colleague, a woman came up to us with an i.d. in her hand, saying she found it on the street. We said that we would turn it in the next day. Here it turns out it was the i.d. of our new Human Resources director - and it was the 2nd time in 2 weeks he had lost it!!! LOL!
Well, that's all for now. Oh, and I did add a new gadget: useless knowledge. So, scroll down a bit so you can find out information like where the term "hooker" came from (Gen. Hooker of the Union Army wanted to boost morale, so he allowed prostitutes into the camp. They became known as "Hooker's girls" which eventually was shortened to just the term we use today! Hilarious!) When you've read enough, maybe I'll take you on in Trivial Pursuit! :)
Until next time...
making the best
8 years ago
3 comments:
That's amazing! :o)
I enjoyed your little tidbit/random fact! :oP BTW, I'm HORRIBLE at T.P., so you won't be playing that with me anytime soon. Maybe Dutch Blitz? HaHa
I love useless knowledge. I have a whole dictionary of idioms at school that gives he definition and often where they came from. I could read it for hours if it weren't for the pesky students and lessons to teach. In fact "son of a gun" was actually a derogatory term it comes from when the soldiers during the war would sleep with women where they were stationed and then leave (another phrase that starts with son of a ... comes from the same place I believe)
Love the ID story!!! Too crazy!
Post a Comment