8.19.2008

well, here's the first look!

So, I went into my classroom today for the first time since June 9th. The only reason I went to school is to make up our class lists. Yes, school starts in 2 weeks, but we are just now figuring out who goes where. And, of course, most of the cum folders had zero information about ELL levels. There were also four that had "IEP" written on the registration form but absolutely NADA in the file. I love that! So, all in all, it was still a guessing game as to who got who.

Anyway, the school isn't the greatest looking, but the floors in my room aren't nearly as bad as I had imagined (the black area in the first picture is where the old fish pond had been once upon a time!):

And my room actually looks bigger! :) Oh, but they didn't remove the tiles in my walk-in closet. My principal thinks that they should have been, so that will have to wait until they really start the construction. My whole thought was, "You mean I could've left things in the closet and jammed other things into it????" But, I guess it was good for me to go through everything. Although it might not look horrendous, it is still concrete floors that I don't know what I am doing with. And then there is the whole thing of unpacking knowing that we will be repacking in March/April. And that I am leaving my room. And that my new room will not be nearly as nice.

The second floor is not in as good of shape. Basically, you could tell that the contractors were rushed, but there was no reason to leave floors like this (the black stuff is super sticky!):
Thankfully, they did come around and use spray adhesive to put down carpet treads on the stairs. So now there isn't as large of a trip hazard:

Anyway, that is all for now. I am sure I will be documenting this whole process! (and of course, sharing with you!)

No comments: