4.14.2008

favorite things

So, I don't have a specific purpose for this blog, at least not now, but as more of a place where I can just share what's on my mind.

I figured a safe way to enter the blogging world is to start an on-going list of my favorite things. Easy enough topic and you get to know me a bit. Now, a few notes before I start: this is a list of things, not people, so don't be offended if you don't see your name on the list (or wonder why God, husband, and family isn't on there either). And, these are in random order, or should I say, in the order that they pop into my head. Here goes:

My Favorite Things
  1. Well, I did use a line out of The Sound of Music, so the first one on the list is musicals, specifically, My Fair Lady, West Side Story, The Little Mermaid (I know, it's Disney, but it's still a musical!), Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera, and of course, The Sound of Music.
  2. Turkey Hill's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream
  3. taking pictures of flowers
  4. sleeping in
  5. the smell of autumn leaves (it always reminds me of Cove Valley)
  6. Shurfine Brand's Heavenly Hash ice cream(now there's something I haven't had in a long time!)
  7. Mexico City
  8. Mexico City weather (I am a tropical fish - I like my temperature at a comfortable 70 degrees at all times!)
  9. chicken fajitas from El Serrano (once you taste them, you'll never order fajitas in any other restaurant!!!)
  10. the smell of impending snow (although I hate the cold)
  11. Dancing with the Stars (this season is a bit boring, in my opinion, and I don't know who my favorite is yet!)
  12. reading on-line discussion forums, especially local ones!
  13. the smell of fresh air on my clothes
  14. being in a boat on the water - fresh or saltwater
  15. the cozy combination of my pillow, bed, and blankets in the winter
  16. sushi
  17. chicken spring rolls from Rice & Noodles
  18. Law & Order (specifically from 1995-1999, do you know why?)
  19. Spanish
  20. movie soundtracks
  21. Inuyasha
  22. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (#21 & #22 might be anime, but they are not your everyday cartoons; check them out on Netflix)
  23. learning about languages (if only I could've been in a linguist...)
  24. Nathaniel the Grublet (ha! I would be interested how many people know what this is - not counting my family)
  25. the smell of the earth after a summer rain
  26. taking pictures of food
  27. March of the Penguins
That's it for tonight. It's late, I'm tired, and now I'm stuck in italics (I've tried everything to get rid of it - when technology is against me is definitely NOT a favorite thing...)

adios.

1 comment:

krista said...

I actually learned some things! Imagine that! :-P