In the last month since I last posted, I have only been home 7 days (not in a row) - and those were spent working on the kitchen and doing laundry to get ready to leave again!
Anyway, there is a lot I want to share with you about these last few weeks, but alas, that will have to wait until later. So, I will just do a quick update on my book list for the 50 Book Challenge!
4. A Place Called Here - Cecelia Ahern: she's the author of P.S. I Love You, but do not expect this book to be even remotely similar!
5. Being Committed - Anna Maxted: chick lit
6. Sleeping Together - Stacey Ballis: chick lit
7. My Fake Wedding - Mina Ford: chick lit, but much more vulgar than they usually are; also, a LOT of British slang that was difficult to understand
8. The Lightning Thief- Rick Riordan: the first in a young adult's series regarding the Olympians (you know, Greek gods); very cool, especially if you know anything about Greek mythology
9. Uglies - Scott Westerfeld
10. Pretties - Scott Westerfeld
11. Specials - Scott Westerfeld: also YA, but older; EXCELLENT trilogy. There is a fourth, but I've been told that it doesn't quite fit in with these last 3
12. The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
13. The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan: I am ready for book 4 in this series!
14. Lucy's Launderette - Betsy Burke: chick lit
15. Island of Lost Girls - Jennifer McMahon: I'm not quite sure how I feel about this book; it's a quick read, and sort of reminds me of Alice Sebold's Lovely Bones
So, all in all, as busy as I have been, I've still managed to read 12 books! We'll see if I can keep this pace! :)
making the best
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment