At 3:15 today I filed my last cum folder, officially ending this school year. It is amazing how much I feel like a load has been lifted off of my shoulders!
I had my summative evaluation on Friday. It went a lot better than I thought it would. In fact, I was reminded again why I will continue teaching in that building - I really do work for a wonderful principal, and I know that they are few and far between!
Friday night a bunch of us headed to a colleague's home for a picnic and we had a blast! Honestly, I don't think I have laughed so hard in 9 months!
So, the school year has ended (#1), my room is all packed up and the key is turned in (#2). Now I just have Bible School next week, my grad. class to finish, and the kitchen to complete.
Oh, the kitchen is turning out quite nicely. We decided to replace the doors (after I spent all day Sat. installing them!!), so we spent yesterday afternoon at IKEA picking up the replacement doors and hardware. I can't wait to put them on! Now I am just having a difficult time deciding on a wall paint color.
Tomorrow is supposed to be the 5th day in our horrific heat wave. All I can say is thank goodness the students were gone before it got this hot! I am turning in the soda can tabs that I collected for the Ronald McDonald House, baby-sitting my "nephew," and getting an x-ray on my right hip area (I have had increasing pain in the area in for the last 3 months. If x-rays don't show anything, I'm headed to physical therapy). "Nephew"s mom and I were going to plant some vegetables, too, but I don't know if I want to be in the heat, so we'll see.
I leave you with the video of my packed classroom! I don't even want to think about unpacking in 3 months!! (and re-packing again in the spring!!!!!!!!)
Until next time...
making the best
8 years ago
1 comment:
I will TOTALLY agree with you that our end of school picnic was a blast! I can't remember laughing harder either! Wow!!!!
=)Susan
Post a Comment