2.10.2010

i am ready for spring!

Fine. So I'm not doing so well on getting the blog off of life support. I didn't even realize I hadn't posted yet in 2010. So HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

As all of you know, we've gotten a ridiculous amount of snow this winter. I ventured out to take some pictures at around 3:00. We have a least 15 inches right now, and of course, that is added to the remaining snow from Sat.'s storm. I guess the Farmer's Almanac was right about this being a snowy winter!

And, today was our 1st snow day. I really didn't want any snow days, because that means more days I will have to work after the baby is born. But we had a 2-hr. delay on Monday, we were supposed to have 3.5 hours of P.D. today, and the rest of the weeks is P/T conference time, Monday we are off for President's Day...Put it all together and I wanted off today. And then I wanted off tomorrow. Which I just found out we are. Of course, we have no idea what this means for conferences. I'm voting that we just skip them!

The bad side of all of this is that my mom was planning on coming East this weekend to help get the baby's room together. That might not happen now. I don't know why exactly, but I'm not feeling very motivated to get it done. I think it might be denial - if it's not done, the baby won't come, life won't drastically change as I know it, blah, blah, blah. Don't get me wrong, I am excited about the baby, but at the same time...

Speaking of the baby, this morning was the first time I actually could see those alien-like movements in my belly. It was just as weird experiencing it personally as it was seeing other ladies' bellies move! And, I'm definitely at the point where I am running to the bathroom all of the time! And yet they want me to drink even more water?!?

I end this post with an informal poll: is this baby a boy or a girl? Leave your opinion in the comments section, and we'll find out who was right in about 7 weeks (hopefully)!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

its about time someone posted during this winter break! :) i vote girl

Brittany said...

no wait... boy

Brittany said...

ehhh... i don't know. i think you should have a girl. and just warning you, if you have a boy... i can't change his diaper. it's weird.

Sarah said...

I vote girl! and I'm happy to come help with Baby Gibson's room! :)

krista said...

I vote boy.

Laughing at your sis's "weird" comment.

If you still want our swing I can drop it off whenever. The walker and tent can wait if you're short of space.

Krista K. said...

For some reason, I'm thinking girl. Though trust me a boy would be awesome. Brittany you are silly!!! I am so used to changing boys that changing girls seems strange, so many nooks and crannies.