4.02.2009

I am feeling old!


I haven't watched "ER" in years - not regularly since college (Krista, remember fighting the guys for the TV on Thurs. nights? I think your husband was the hardest to kick out of the living room!) - but I had to watch the series finale tonight.

I think I missed the series premiere, but I was a faithful viewer for years - and the old favorites came back for this last episode (well, Clooney & Margulies were a couple of weeks ago; I missed that episode). I think I even have a couple of episodes on VHS somewhere (like the epi where Dr. Greene died)

So, why did watching this make me feel old? Well, Dr. Greene's daughter came back, as a 22-year old who is going to med. school, and Dr. Benton's son, Reese, was also in this episode. I remember when Reese was born, and Rachel was a 4 year old (played by a different actress at that time)! I think it is neat when shows try to keep "real time" - even if they squish in as much drama as possible in that time.

Honestly, I don't think I have watched any NBC shows recently - horror of all horrors, I have even stopped watching Law & Order in recent years...too many cast changes. You know, there is a lot of talk about how network shows are faring, and there is always the tendency to reminisce about the "good ole' days", but I think everyone can agree that, at least NBC, was a LOT better back in the day.

Now, my most-viewed shows are from Fox, TNT, and BBC America. Yet, even that might be different. Mike and I are discussing getting rid of cable, so that will be a big change. It is amazing how much of our lives and our money is tied into TV/Cable. This post should be evidence of that! So, we are going to try to live without and see if we survive! :) He also wants to cut our Internet, but I am fighting to keep that - I am not ready to make that "sacrifice"!

As it is, he is still in Florida, I am still trying to recuperate from this cold and, so for now, everything stays as is.

Until next time...

No comments: