1.28.2009

SNOW DAY!!!!!!

After being baited how many times by weather forecasters, we finally got enough of something to cancel school. Although, I think all of the schools cancelled just because we wanted a snow day - it really wasn't that bad outside at 10:30 (when we would've started if we had a 2 hr. delay) - of course, that is elementary school, so I don't know what it was like an hour or so earlier.

Either way, I don't care. There is nothing like being jolted awake at 5:30am by your phone ringing to tell you that there is a delay or a cancellation. Even better yet, is calling the next person and hearing their groggy voice on the phone. It is quite amusing the conversations that happen during these calls! Of course, I was anticipating the phone call, so I think that figured into all of my dreams until the call actually came - and when it did, I wasn't sure if it was for real or not! :)

Thanks to the delay yesterday and the cancellation today, well, I have most of next week's plans written already - and it's only a 3 day week (P/T conferences - yippee.)!

Okay, no more distractions. Time to get back to work. I have narrowed my thoughts to 3 different research questions and am now waiting feedback from my professor. Next, I want to tackle some of the work for the ESL classes at church. Oh, and I was going to cut Mike's hair since we are going to Phila. tomorrow night for dinner (Restaurant Week) and he's starting to look a bit shaggy. So, all-in-all, I think it has been a productive day.

Of course, I would've rather sat and watched "BBC America" shows all day and/or read books...

Here's a smile-maker for you (courtesy of "useless knowledge"):

Some things never change: Cutouts of a moon and a star were used in colonial times on outhouse doors to designate the gender of the intended user. Originally, the moon cutout was for women, and the star was for the men. But men’s outhouses were such a mess that men preferred using the women’s outhouses. So, eventually the use of stars were phased out.

AND for even more smiles - and laughter - check out this blog: cakewrecks.blogspot.com

Until next time...

2 comments:

krista said...

Aren't snow days the BEST?!
BTW, I got some good laughs out of that cake wrecks link.
...there are no words for those redneck cakes! :oP

Krista said...

was that my "groggy voice" you mentioned?? :)