12.09.2008

welcome!

I have put this blog address on my Christmas cards, and since a lot of them have been sent out, there is the possibility of new readers! If you are one of them, WELCOME! Feel free to read the old ones and catch up (in your free time of course!) :)


Anyway...
My old "snow" header picture was from the first snow this year. The current picture is of my great-great-aunt Ella playing in the snow. She was the youngest aunt of my grandma (the one who just celebrated her birthday) and grew up on Millport Rd. - right near the "ghetto" Wal-Mart! I think 2nd cousins of mine live on the old family property now, but most of the greenhouses are gone. Ella was so much younger than her siblings, and actually just recently passed away. I really like this picture!

I love old family pictures, and I can spend hours going through them with my grandma. A few weeks ago I was able to take a lot of them and scan them into my computer. Of course, they're not as cool as the originals (especially the old tin-types), but they will do! :) I am sure more of them will pop up from time-to-time.

Until next time. . .

No comments: