So, you think my friends/family would be happy that I at least
posted something, but
no, now I am told that blog updates are more interesting with pictures! Fine. Here you go. Better be happy! (You know who you are!) :)
Summer started with a wedding! Kate Hoffman & Brian Swedburg. Kate was one of our first friends at NewSong Fellowship Church.
Darling little Emma Faith VanderPlate, daughter of Sarah & Jarred, born 6-8-09. Sarah had been a student teacher in our building, then worked at GWES until Emma arrived. But, more fun, she was helping me paint my living room when Jarred called & first asked her out! :)
Courtney & I thought it would be a good idea to pick cherries. Trey was a great help. Mike didn't know when to stop. We picked 26lbs of sweet and 18lbs of sour!
Gabriel Ray Stoltzfus, son of Matt & Melanie Stoltzfus, baby brother to Mikayla & Grace, born 6-29-09. We say we are friends with them because the girls adore us! You should see Mikayla with Mike! Can't wait to see what Gabe's personality is like! (also NewSong friends)
We went to HersheyPark with Yevy & Shanna Chuprin, more friends from NewSong. It was great fun, especially since we hadn't been there since 2003! We loved the East Coast Waterworks, even though it was quite chilly!
Second wedding of the summer: my dear, dear friend from college, Carolyn Horst and her husband, Eric Payne. Carolyn's daughter, Julia, was our flower girl.
Krista & Pete Winkler, Shelley-Ann Francis, Carolyn, and I: We were "family" at MIH!
Carolyn & Eric live in Harrisonburg, VA, so we decided to take the scenic (and not free) route home.
And made MANY stops along the way!
My brother & sister-in-law got the cutest puppy in the world! Her name is Charlee and she is a puggle - pug + beagle.
Of course, we made it to D.C.! This time we stayed entirely in the Newseum.
Except to eat in Little Ethiopia! Courtney's sister, Ashley, also joined us for the day.
Courtney & I decided to have a baking day! Trey did excellent spending the day in my non-kid friendly home! Hmm...we both are pregnant here and didn't even know it! (Well, I didn't anyway, don't know about C.)
And the end result!
The largest of Michelle's 3 baby showers! Now, I was very highly suspicious that I was pregnant, but I decided not to know before I left for the shower. I didn't want to take away from her weekend. But, it WAS the longest weekend ever!
The annual Hershey Family weekend was held along the Pequea Creek, right behind the farm my mom & family grew up. It was a fabulous location, and very peaceful! This was also the weekend that my entire family learned of our news!
The funny thing is that right before this picture was taken, the cousins were fighting over the toy lawn mower. Until they realized that we were watching them! (They are sons of 2 of my cousins).
After a year hiatus, the King girls (now + Kate!) made it to the beach for the weekend! This time we went to OC, MD. We decided that we like OC, NJ, for the boardwalk, but OC, MD definitely wins for the beach!
Outside Crown Palace Restaurant in Middletown, NJ. This was taken right before Mike's parents and grandparents found out our news!
Precious Greta Joy Mock, a mere 3 hours after birth, on 9-14-09.
Isn't she just a cutie? I'm quite happy to be an aunt!
Wide awake & dressed in her finest! I can't wait to see her again!!
Here it is, folks! The baby bump at 12 weeks!
And I end with Baby Gibson, here at 12 weeks. Baby was quite active that day, which was a relief after the fears the day before when the midwife could not find the heartbeat or detect movement. But, all is well!
Until next time!
4 comments:
loved the 2nd post!! :) definitely an adorable summer.....
and look at your fetus.... totally a boy.
2 updates in one week!?!?! and this one is FILLED with fun pictures! I didn't even recognize Emma haha! I saw you holding a baby and immediately thought, "hey, Emma has that same outfit that her niece is wearing!" It wasn't until I actually read it that I realized that it was in fact my own daughter. Does that make me a bad mother?? haha She's changed so much since then!
LOVED the post with pictures!
LOL to your sister's boy comment. I told you what our nurse said when she was looking to determine the gender (of Adam), right?
Sarah - I also thought that she looked a lot like Greta! I guess adorable newborn girls look a lot alike? :)
Krista - if you did, I don't remember. What happened?
Brittany - I guess we will find out in April!
Post a Comment