10.04.2008

i'm back!

I think I am finally rid of my first cold of the new school year! You would think that after 6 years, my body would have some sort of immunity to little kid germs...But no, 4 days after I had 7 kids absent in one day for being sick, I got it, too! Lucky me!

Oh, and then when I went to my latest allergist appt. and showed her the picture I had taken of my arm the day after I got the allergy tests, she said, "Oh, yeah, those giant bumps are from the molds. Which considering where you work could be one of the culprits for your sinus problems!" I knew it! There are times when the moment I walk into my classroom I feel my sinuses fill up!

*sigh

So, now the latest is that I will have a CAT scan of my sinuses in 10 days to see if there is a structural reason for the constant sinus infections. I told Mike that if it turns out they recommend surgery for me (like they have in the past for him) that we should both have the surgeries over Thanksgiving break - we can celebrate our 5 year anniversary in style! :) (We haven't even been together on our anniversary for the last 2 years!)

Mike is away this weekend at a men's retreat he has attended twice before. He called today and I think he might actually be homesick (not that he would put it in those words). In the past, he has relished his time away; this time, he said that he would've rather spent the weekend with me! This is probably because when one of us gets sick, that person gets quarantined and there is extremely limited interaction with the healthy one. So, we have barely seen each other for 2 weeks! In fact, I think we talked more today on the phone than we have in person since the weekend of the Third Day concert! Whatever the reason, it is nice to be missed.

Speaking of being missed, I had a conversation with my mom awhile ago saying that I couldn't imagine being one of those couples who never spends a night apart. Maybe it is because I grew up with a truck driver for a father and saw that my mom could survive being apart from him. All I know is that I think it is healthy to spend time apart - like the old saying goes, absence makes the heart grow fonder! :)

What else has happened? Oh yeah, my brother's legal case has finally ended! After more than 2 years, he was able to plead guilty to 3 minor traffic violations and have the very serious charges dropped! Hallelujah! Now he can really go on with his life - and not have this looming in the background! Praise the Lord! Oh, I never showed you pictures from his wedding! Here are a few of my favorites from the day!

After jumping into the pond at their reception, Eric & Kate changed clothes. Here is the end of their first dance to Randy Travis' "Forever and Ever, Amen." It was a beautiful day!



Well, I think I will end on that note! Until next time...

No comments: